Important info

The agency for your easy beginning!

Important information


To handle administrative purposes, such as car registration, purchase of a property, residence permit, residence permit, the NIE-number (Número de Identificación de Extranjeros) is required.  The NIE-number enables an identification as a foreigner and at the same time it is the tax number, but does not automatically lead to a tax liability. Usually it takes about 3 to 4 weeks to receive the NIE-number,  once it has been requested at the corresponding authorities.

Residence permit (Residencia):

In case you are staying more than 3 month without interruption, or more than 183 days per year in Spain (Tenerife)  you have to be a registered at the register for foreigners (Registro de ciudadanos de la Unión for EU citizen). As a result you will receive the residence permit (certificado de Registro de ciudadano de la Union).

Car re-registration:

In case you are staying more than 3 months without interruption, or more than 183 days per year, resp., in Spain, you have to be a resident and need to re-register your car.

The car will be registered at the primary residence, where you are registered as well (empadronamiento). In case you are importing your car and at the same time you are shifting your residence, you are able to declare your car as a part of removal. Due to the this, the registration tax (impuesto de matriculacion) may not be applicable. Please ask for forther details.